Sunday, December 27, 2009

The New Chapter: A New Life

Can you believe it? TOMORROW is the big day. The day I have been waiting for. The day I thought would never come and now here it is....and NOW I feel like it has come too fast.

I am so in awe as to how quickly it has all come together and how ready I really am. I ate some of my favorite foods today...it will be my last for a while. Since I am NPO (no food) past 5:00 pm today, I was trying to "Cram" it in today. I did not overeat, but wanted to make sure I was not going to be hungry tonight and tomorrow. Starting at 5:00pm tonight I have been on a clear liquid diet. I guess my last official meal was a can of chicken broth and a sugar free popsicle. I will be living on that for the next few days.

As for the surgery details, I have to be at the hospital at noon tomorrow and my surgery is supposed to start at 2:00pm. The surgery is about 2-3 hours then I will be in recovery for a few hours then to my room. I will try to have my sister update my the blog tomorrow evening and I will personally try to update it on Tuesday. Hopefully Tuesday evening I will be able to go home, but we shall see.

I am so blessed to have the opportunity to have this surgery and be able to fully do what I feel called to do: serve God. My weight has put up a barrier for me to be able to fully dedicate time for the Lord. I want to go on missions trips, but can't comfortably because of the airplanes. I want to travel but my weight holds me back. I am eager to see what God wants to do in my life during this time.

I will be entering a new chapter to a new life. Will I change? Maybe for the better. I really dont feel like I will change too much. My foundation is solid in Christ, it is just his turn now to solidify life and be ready for his purposes.

Checking off for a while, but I hope to keep you posted when it is all over with.


5 comments:

  1. Praying for you! May the peace of Christ keep you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and thinking of you! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em I posted the last comment as "anonymous". Sorry, I'm still getting the hang of this.
    :) Love you!!! Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Mings. I love you so much and will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a BBC friend of Heathers. I pray that your recovery will be speedy and your journey a complete success. Take care. -Kelly Coleman

    ReplyDelete