Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Living is a Commitment"

Man I have got to tell you, I have not been feeling very creative lately. I also have not been doing anything with my life lately. I feel exhausted! Silly one might think. What is there to be exhausted about? I mean really, I live by myself and I work. Not too exciting right? Well I must say my body has just been exhausted!

What I can say though is that this GBP stuff is driving me CRAZY! I wish I could just do it already! I have to admit, I am getting a bit apprehensive. I was eating Chipotle with a wonderful friend and realized, "this is the last time I will be eating this!" I have learned to embrace food....and GOOD FOOD at that!

I would be totally dishonest if I said that I am ready. As I look around, my house is a mess and I am just exhausted about thinking about everything that must be done!

I sought a pep-talk from my dad tonight. He has gone through the surgery too. I told him I needed a little encouragement because this is a HUGE commitment. He kindly told me "living is a huge commitment too!" Um....thanks for the pep-talk, I think. Haha I did not know exactly how to take that pep-talk. I just laughed and thought...hmm you are right!

Living IS a commitment. So the question comes down to it....How am I going to live? Miserably large and unhealthy? Or commit to weight loss, less food, exercise, and a long and healthy life? Well the choice is quite clear!

Welcome to a new life, HUGE commitment, and increased Life! Is is worth it? YES Scary?
YOU BET!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE this one. :) I love the honesty and humility. Always my favorite things about my emily kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have first-hand knowledge that you have spent plenty of time in prayer and research on the gastric bypass. You are a wise woman, Emmers, and you will make the decision that is best for you. I love you more than you will every know (until you have babies of your own).

    ReplyDelete