Saturday, January 2, 2010

AND I am BACK.....

Hi Friends!!!!

I will make this semi-short because I am just for the first time sitting at the computer desk able to write, sit, and think. Man that is such an accomplishment!!! :)

First things first, thanks to all of you who have been praying for me and supporting me! I really have done well. I am a bit sore still, which is to be expected, sheesh I am only 5 days post-op!

Secondly, Thanks to my sister for updating my blog while I was away! I am glad you guys were able to be updated while I have been away.

Third, I wanted to announce the winner of the 1,000th viewer! The winner is Alison "Cyna" Sanchez!!! Will you email me again what you wanted and your address and I will get it out to you in a few weeks? Congrats again! I love these contests, so I will probably be doing another one soon! Just keep your eyes peeled.

Ok now on to how I am doing and what these last few days have been like.

Well, as you know, I got into surgery late monday night. I was so hungry and so thirsty and was really thinking "they are going to make me come back tomorrow." " I am never getting this done." Well then they wheeled me back....and it was show time. Next thing I know I was waking up in recovery. The first question I asked was "do I have a gallbladder?" The answer was NO!!! I was so excited to have that puppy out. Now to make gallstone jewelry.....I smell a contest! JK thats just gross.

Once I was back into my room I went to sleep and was in a bit of pain, but nothing too bad! The first night I really did not think my legs were going to work as I walked to I only made it out of the room then back to bed. But it was an accomplishment!

The next morning the Dr. came in with his nurse and they told me I could go home that day (tuesday) but I opted not because I was only 12 hours post op and was not feeling quite right. So I stayed another night, which, I am glad I did because I ran into some pain in the afternoon which was eliminated by Tordol (sp?). I also had really high blood sugar and required insulin. Man that stuff is a bummer!

The rest of the hospital day tuesday and wednesday morning were full of walking, sipping water, walking, sipping water,walking, sipping water, walking, sipping water, walking, sipping water, walking, sipping water, get my point? Pretty basic stuff.

THEN I GOT TO GO HOME!!!!! (well to my mom's house)

Things have been pretty awesome here! My mom is the best nurse and has been such a huge support. For the first few days Tue-Fri I was strictly on clear liquids, which for me consisted of water, ice, crysal light, SF jello, and some broth. The broth tastes too salty, so I am staying away from that at the moment.

Today I was promoted to "thick liquids" which is basically cream soups without chunks and cream of wheat. That is a HUGE step for my little tummy!

Each day gets better and each day I can use less and less pain medicine. I am feeling great and feel like this is the best decision I have ever made!

Thanks again for your prayers, and I will be on later for some pictures! Viewers beware:)

That's the Surgery Skinny!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you are up and around...AND THINKING!! :) Can't wait to see you! Also wanted to tell you that if you still have to drink clear liquids there is Low Sodium Chicken Broth! :) ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Flutter. SO GLAD to hear you are feeling good. Be sure to KEEP taking it easy. You don't want to do too much too soon and have a little set back. Keep progressing SLOWLY! :) I look forward to watching you along your journey. Brave girl to share it all with us. Love you cookie! Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that everything went well and that you are recovering with your mama there to help you:) Keep us updated... and can't wait to see you asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Sister!! I love you and I am so proud of you! hang in there :) Let me know if there is anything I can do! Promise I won't drive to the wrong place like last time lv and i visited you in the hospital :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear that everything is going so well. You are very brave to embrace this journey with such courage and incredible humor! I look forward to reading more about your journey until we can talk in person! :-)

    ReplyDelete