Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Silver Lining!

Things finally feel like they are looking up! As you know these last few weeks have taken quite a toll on me. I feel like I have not had a good cry in a long while until last week. Things all seemed to hit at once. When this stuff happens, it becomes extremely stressful and I broke down. During this past week, I have been given the great opportunity to seek God in what He is trying to teach me, show me, and mold me. Though sometimes when we are put in the fire for God to mold us, it hurts and breaks us, but it really truly only makes us stronger.

I feel like I am getting stronger physically everyday and emotionally better a little bit slower but it is coming around. Finally, last night I got a full nights sleep where I did not wake up with a neck ache and actually slept in my bed and not on the couch. I am a stomach sleeper, but because of this darn PICC line, it has been really hard to move around without it pulling. Last night, I was able to sleep on my stomach and finally get a full nights sleep not tossing and turning.

I was visited by the nurse yesterday regarding the PICC line and it looks good, no sign of infection. My only complaint is that I am allergic to the tape they have to wrap it in, so it really itches and I have a rash from it. That is a bit of a bummer but I can deal.

My lab work is being done every few days. My Lipase levels are still double what they should be, but they are slowly improving as with my Liver Function levels. I am not out of the woods yet, but things are improving.

I have my follow-up appointment with the Dr tomorrow at noon so I would appreciate your prayers! They will check me out and make sure that I am healing ok and to make sure they do not see any more potential problems. I also suspect that I will be off the PICC line in a week from today. They have a order in for 1 more week of nutrition, but lets pray that is the end of it. It is quite tedious and heavy to carry around.

I am glad that I am feeling better slowly but surely and actually have an appetite. I have not been hungry at all and now I am actually things. Some of those things I cant eat, like Taco Bell, but I am craving food in general, which is good.

That is basically what is going on. I will be posting soon about some of the things God has been showing me. Some things I am still dealing with and kind of sad that he is changing my plans, but He knows my life better than I do.


3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you're feeling better! The Lord has great plans for you Emily Kate!!! Love you so much! Aunt Jan & Uncle Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. God alone knows the very best plan for our future! It will be so exciting to see how He uses this for His glory! Love you, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time Flutter. My mom always tells me when things get tough to just put on my big girl panties and deal with it. Sometimes you have to dig deep. Good thing you have a great support team and an immense faith to draw on. :)

    ReplyDelete