Thursday, January 14, 2010

Home!!!

Hello Friends!
Yesterday, I decided it was about time that I go home and get used to this new living by myself. I have been quite dependent of my AMAZING mom and sister to take care of me and cater to my every need, but since I am feeling better, I thought it was best I do it on my own.

I was PETRIFIED!!!! I did not know what I would do and how I was going to do it. Well I survived doing a few things independently yesterday. I went to the grocery store all by myself. What a crazy crazy experience! First of all, so much food and such a little stomach:( I had to be very intentional on the food I was going to get because first of all, I can not lift very much, plus I am still eating soft foods.

I am not sure if I told you, but I have become quite a water snob and can not drink tap water. So, when I was at the store, I had to get some water bottles. There was no way I was going to be able to pick up the 20lb case of water, so I had to ask some random person to help pick it up for me. He looked at me quite strange. Um.....kinda like "what a lazy fat person, cant even pick up a water case! What is this world coming too?" I explained I had abdominal surgery and could not lift it. I think he was still skeptical, but helped me anyway. The water, by the way, is still in the trunk of my car, and it will stay there because I am not going to carry it up 19 stairs!! Just say no to hernias right? :)

I made it through my first night alone and am up and ready to start the day today! Well truth be told, I started it at 7:30 this morning thanks to my dad:)

Still healing and still doing well! I start back to work on monday. YAHOO!!! I miss my coworkers and the kids I work with.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too!!!! Can't wait to see you on Monday! All your patients will be so happy to see you!~Angela

    ReplyDelete