Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Observations.....

Well I am 2 weeks post op! I really can not believe it. It almost feels longer than that I must say! Probably because I have had a ton of time off and have been waking up early so my mom can drop me off at my sisters house at 6:30 am.

The last few days have been rather tough. I know it seems weird because I am almost 30lbs down, but I must say that it has been rather trying. I have not had a hugely diverse set of meals because I am trying to play it safe. I really dont want to overeat or puke so I am introducing a little bit of new foods at a time. Well, I will be honest, I am bored of my food and tired of eating portions smaller than my 7 month old niece eats.

I know that this is just a phase, but I am feeling a bit tested. Sad? No. Discouraged? No. Just bored with the food that I have. Oddly enough the only thing that I really crave is Taco Bell. For all you T-Bell haters, dont judge. That place helped me pack on at least 50lbs. That new T-bell diet makes me laugh....really I think that even if I ate the fresca menu, I would still need 4 tacos. Defeats the purpose eh? Then I am quickly reminded why I did this surgery....T-Bell, right now you are my enemy! :)

On some happier notes, did you know we have bones? Stupid question....I know, but really this is the first time in FOREVER that I can actually see bones in my feet. AND I was moving my leg around and I could actually see the bones/ligaments. To you skinny punks :) you might think this weird. I have been encased in Pilsbury Dough for far too long! This is the fun stuff to get to see.

It is weird losing so much weight because I really dont see it/feel it. I know that this is a normal thing for people to say. It is quite common for the pounds to come off and for the mirror not to reflect it. I guess it is because I get to see myself everyday. Plus, God has given me His eyes to see myself and I really dont see myself from the outside. It has been nice to feel clothes fit differently, but I have not really noticed a HUGE different. This is quite possibly, also, due to the fact that I have almost 200lbs to lose, so 30 lbs is a small fraction of the ultimate goal.

Well those are my realizations of the last few days! Hope you enjoyed reading them.

Also, I wanna name my new stomach pouch....any ideas???? Let me know

Love, Peace, Chicken Grease (Mmm Mmm Mmm, Just kidding)

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of naming your pouch! I think "Tiny" is too obvious and I would like to use some camp guidelines and use an attribute AND a name so I suggest Shrinking Warrior but that is pretty masculine so maybe Emerging Butterfly? But that still seems like overkill. How about just Hank? :) Love ya FLutter!

    ReplyDelete