Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

HOORAY, I had my first post-op appointment today! I had to wake up extremely early to get down to RB today for my appointment. I am all the way up at my mom's and I must say it is quite a drive.

Appointment went VERY GOOD! Prayers were answered and they took out my drain today!!!! YAY I am so glad not to have the bloody bag to drag around with me all day. ( I will let you define the word "bloody" in that sentence) :) I was so scared it would hurt super bad, so going into it I was prepared for the worst. Well.....I must say that it was not bad AT ALL! I had the Blake Drain, which I hear is not as painful. It did not hurt at all. Oddly enough, it just felt like someone pushed really hard into my belly button. Have you ever had that feeling? Weird, I know, but that is what it felt like.

On a bummer note, I am SO ITCHY!!!! The glue they use to close the incisions, I think I am allergic too because I have a rash and itch so bad around the incisions. I had the Dr. check and he said they look fine. I wanted to tell him that they dont FEEL fine, but I held my tongue. :)

I have officially graduated to soft foods!!!!! YAY now I can eat like a 1/2 way normal person. Still no crunchy food yet because my pouch still has to heal, but at least I can CHEW something! YAHOO! So I enjoyed my first "soft" meal. I had 3 small bites of egg and 3 small bites of cooked apple. I chewed chewed chewed chewed so much that it basically dissolved in my mouth, but thats ok it tasted good.

Since I cant eat too much, I am supplementing my food, if you could call it that....with protein supplements. Currently I am in love with ISOPURE. It is like a flavored water/watered down juice. I really like the taste of it and it is totally managable.



Okie Dokie now it's time for the DRUM ROLL.....I know you were wondering how much I have lost this week. Trust me, so was I!
Well the total since my surgery, 10 days.....is..........any guesses???????
23 POUNDS!!!!
Can you believe it? I know this wont be like this every week and it will slowly decrease, I was still super excited! My hard work has paid off.
Well thats all friends! Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted on the Journey!


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Big 23! That is so exciting. I am glad to hear you are doing so well. Love you so so much!
    <3,
    Rarri
    aka
    your lil pony

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats em!

    we need before pics & some weekly update pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO amazing mings! YOU are freaking amazing!
    love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Em!!! You are really something! Healing beautifully. Glad you can eat soft foods. Adds a little more variety. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Emily, I miss seeing you sweet face and am thankful for our China memories and your blog:) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flutter,
    Glad things are going well. I'm not sure if you held your tongue so you wouldn't say something smart alec or if you held it because you didn't want to disagree with your doc. But I definitely want to encourage you to NEVER hold your tongue with a doctor! ALWAYS tell them EVERYTHING that is going on with you. You mentioned in your P.O.P. post that you are used to making other people feel comfortable; STOP! That doctor can handle what you have to give him or her. It's YOUR health and they are there to serve YOU! :) Ok, lecture over. I just want to make sure you are being an advocate for yourself, ok. Sending you much love (and some unsolicited advice) :D
    Sparkle

    ReplyDelete