Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quick Note:

Hello Everyone! I am officially one week post op! YAHOO.

There have been a few changes this last week I would like to share with you guys.

I am finally able to "enjoy" full liquids. I dont know how anyone could really enjoy cream soups, blech! Still really dont like to eat them, but I am trying to "embrace" it until soft foods come in.

What I do like is drinking the protein power stuff and WATER! I love love love water. I am thirsty all the time though which is really kinda annoying. I drank water all the time pre surgery, so to sip sip sip literally ALL DAY can be quite annoying and tedious. I am doing it though, it is necessary. Plus the more I drink, the less thirsty I will be. I HOPE!

Tomorrow is my first post op appointment when I will get to weigh in and check my status of how I am doing. I am excited about this, but not so excited about riding in the car that long. The car is the worst thing. Hopefully I will get my drain out too. If you did not know about that, you are lucky. Basically I have a drain in my abdomen to release excess fluid. That really is probably the most annoying part of this whole thing. I have a really weak stomach, but know after having this, I really feel like I could handle anything....Just about!

Anyway, I will try to post some pictures soon of my progress and some amusing pictures from the past week.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support.



1 comment:

  1. Ms.Emily...I'm glad you are 'enjoying' your liquids! :) Can't wait to see pictures! Also...let me know when you need more protien powder and I will have Nick pick some up for you (if you'd like). Talk to you later....
    REST REST REST!!~Ms.Angela

    ReplyDelete