Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Truth from the Cellar on Beauty

As many of you might not know, my life has been thrown some pretty rough challenges. My weight has always been the center of really tough debates in my household when I was a kid. From having 2nd helpings of food thrown away to never feeling good enough and to even being told that "fat girls don't do ballet." (This in fact crushed a dream that at almost 24 still has not been full-filled,) one can imagine I have spend some time meditating on everything that I am not and will never be. Here is the list I came up with.

I will never be.....
The best sports player
The best cook
The prettiest
The skinniest
The best wife
The best mother
The best Christian
The best friend
The most fashionable
The richest
The most powerful
The most dependable
or the most humble

But this list is so small compared to everything that I know that I am. I have been given the freedom in Christ to understand that everything that I am lacking in the world is nothing in comparison to the many gifts and graces God has given me. There are many things that I am not, but here are many things that I am......

I am.....
His Child
His Prize
His Love
His Joy
His Creation
His Passion
His Beautiful Daughter
His Beautiful Princess
His Beautiful Servant

For this I can proudly say makes up for everything that I am not. For in this I find my life complete. I have been created to serve and to love Christ. Without His perfect LOVE and His perfect life, I would be nothing.

I am blessed beyond words to be given the opportunity to share my life, challenges and all, with each and every one of you! Though my battle with weight will soon come to an end, another door to soul will surely open.

Let me leave you this one verse that I pray touches your heart....

Ecclesiastes 3:11

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

YOU my dear readers are Beautiful!!!! Take on this world knowing that truth.

And that my dear friends is "Truth from the Cellar"

3 comments:

  1. I know it isn't the same as believeing it yourself, (because I have a similar list) but can I say that to me you ARE the most beautiful, someday you WILL be the best wife and mother and you are in a tripple way tie for 1st for being the BEST cousin!! Congratulations on starting your journey!! I love you!! And currently you ARE the best Apples to Apples player :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. If we could always see our self through His eyes! Thanks so much for the reminder, Emmers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i suggest starting a ballet class now! it's amazing how good it is for your body and how quickly you'll lose weight with the movements. plus, it just makes you feel beautiful (you know when you don't feel like a fool with no grace or elegance to speak of...i know this from experience). find a class and take it for fun! because you deserve the chance to fulfill your dream and because you're an adult and get to do whatever you want now!!!!
    love, Holly

    ReplyDelete