Friday, November 27, 2009

A Splash of News!

Well first off, it is official I have ALL of my CHRISTMAS shopping done! That is right, I have actually gone out on Black Friday and did all of my shopping for under $100! That's right, this is who I bought for. My sister, mom, dad, stepmom, two nieces, grandma, grandpa! I cant even believe it. I saved over 50% on all of my items that I bought! I am so so so excited!

On for Thanksgiving, I had a fantastic time with family. I truly enjoyed all of the time that I have shared with family!

Also, it is almost my birthday! I can't believe I am going to be 24 years old. That is right 24 years ago I was born. I think that was the only time I was actually thin! Hehe I was born a normal weight and it was all down hill from there!

Now to the gastric bypass, 30 days from know I will be having surgery. Many more people keep asking me if I am nervous, am I having second thoughts, am I sure I am ready? Well to answer those questions, here I go. Am I a bit nervous? A little bit. I still have peace about it, but man oh man I am making a HUGE commitment. Am I having second thoughts? No, I know that it needs to be done, and know that it will be for the better, but again, nervous. Am I ready? The answer is no! I have a lot to prepare for and a lot to buy while I am in the hospital. Food being one of them. I mean I dont need a lot of food, hello gastric bypass remember?!? But I do need to find some good protein powder and some other clear liquids.

I must say in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am so grateful for the last few good meals that I get to have. Funny I know, but really I am enjoying food so much more knowing that it will be a while before I get to eat anything really yummy, and after surgery, I will be saying goodbye to sugar, carbonation, and fried foods forever, but honestly it is worth it to be healthy.

I guess that is all folks, I will be keeping you guys in touch with more developments in what is going on in my life.

That my friends is "The Scoop"

No comments:

Post a Comment