Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Scoop of "The Skinny"

Welcome to my Blog!


You may be asking yourself, who is the person and why am I interested in this blog? Well let me try to answer some of your questions.

Who am I?

I am almost 24 and like many of you have dieted and tried to lose weight for many years, only recently have I actually been given the opportunity to have the Gastric Bypass surgery to give myself a "second chance" if you will, at continually living my life with some "minor" modifications.

Who is the blog for?
YOU and myself. This blog is created for anyone who had dieted and been discouraged. Those who are down and out and frustrated by the media's attention to beauty and lack of respect. This blog is for those who are curious as to what a Gastric Bypass journey looks like.

This blog is also for myself. I am eager to share my triumphs and battles as this journey I am about to embark on is a real life altering experience.

Why am I writing this?
My desire is for this to be a place where I can share my story of success and empower those to do the same. I also desire to show people that true beauty is possessed on the inside. My hope is to encourage people of this and that someday you too will find peace and comfort in your own skin.

I guess the real question is this.....
How did it all get started?

Like many of you, I can imagine, weight has been an issue for my whole life. I have struggled and struggled to do it the "natural way" that is diet and exercise. I have dieted, exercised and done all I truly feel I could to lose weight....and it would come off.....then come back on.....then go off.....then come back on.

I realized how important it was to be healthy. (Let me be clear, in no way shape or form do I want this be misconstrued as about looking good. Added benefit yes, motivation, no!) One day I want to be married and have kids. I want to be able to run around and not get fatigued. I feel trapped in the body I am in. I would relate it to the Little Mermaid who just wants to have legs to walk on land....well except for giving up the voice.....I am too loud to want to do that :) So anyway, I have always wanted to feel like I can move around and exercise with ease and not feel trapped.

That leads me to a few months ago....Since my dad had Gastric Bypass, I was pretty sure I knew what I was getting into. That was until of course my first meeting with my doctor. 6 month supervised diet, 12 viles of blood, psych eval, gallbladder ultrasound, full physical, ect ect ect. The list goes on and on, though I still knew I wanted to do it.

Well about a week ago all of my information was submitted to the insurance and I was told it could take up to 30 days to approve or deny. But, in one short week I was approved for surgery and booked! Ladies and Gentleman, I am pleased to announce my surgery date of
DECEMBER 28, 2009!

I am extremely excited and ready to share my journey with you! I will be updating this blog as much as I feel fit. I do have a lot to talk about and eager to share it with my readers.

So, that is the Scoop of the "The Skinny"




2 comments: