Friday, November 20, 2009

A Heaping Spoonful

WOW I would be lying if I said that I did not have a good night.
I am utterly amazed time and time again at God's perfect timing in things!
A little background on things. My church is throwing a conference called Contending for the Gospel. It is this weekend, come out Saturday 9-2 or Sunday night!

Needless to say really, IT IS AMAZING! My life is changed after one night. I truly am so grateful for my church and its desire to see our Valley changed. (Side note, it is really funny and still weird for me to say I live in the Valley. I am a SD native at heart:) What an amazing thing I get to be apart of! Let me basically touch on the key points of the messages I heard tonight.

Everything in green is word for word from the speakers....not my own words, though I wish they were:)

First off, the Pastor S talked on the power of words. Words can be many things, idle, hurtful, insignificant, or they can be truth, significant and life changing. The Gospel message of Jesus is the Truth, significant, and when truly affected by it, LIFE CHANGING.

Listed below are the 6 Core Gospel truths.
  1. 1st Advent of Christ. (Christ being born)
  2. The Passion of Christ (Christ dying on the cross)
  3. The Resurrection of Christ (just as a note, many Christians stop there, but Pastor S argues more is substantiated in the Bible)
  4. The Ascension of Christ
  5. Christ Intercessory Ministry for us2nd Advent of Christ ( His coming again)
  6. 2nd Advent of Christ ( His coming again)
But How does this impact our world?

It is our responsibility to take this Gospel and share it with others in our actions and our deeds. It is not about arguing for the humanitarian efforts in our world, or making a secular government into a Christian one, but it is for the truth of Jesus Christ to be shown through our own lives and spill onto others. Our words speak volumes! We must use our words and actions purposefully. Do not be idle my friends. Be in community, seeking to give back to a church. Do NOT be a seat warmer in church and do nothing. Do NOT be out of community. The church needs YOU! Live out God's purpose in your lives. It is nothing that we can do, but what God desires to do through you. So you must be ready to be poured out this His lost and dying sheep

Are you letting God work or are you being idle?

As another pastor stated tonight "Be willing, want to, and worship the God who made you." My dearest friends, do not be decieved in thinking you have anything to do with this, God is working through you, but you must be willing to allow Him to move.

I pray that this is a challenge for all of us, myself included. I must be willing and want to serve the Lord and allow Him to transform me!

And there is your "heaping spoonful" of what is on my heart.

I look forward to your input and learning how God is using you! Email me at theskinnyongettingthinny@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment