Sunday, August 22, 2010

100th POST!!!!

Can you believe this is my 100th POST?!?!?! I am so shocked I have posted this many posts, but a lot has happened in my life that last 8 months!

Lets quickly recap...
Dec 28, 2009 Gastric Bypass Surgery
January- Dehydration forced me in the hospital for a week and 2 weeks on IV nutrition
February- Got a personal trainer
March-Stressful month of medical bills
April- Quit my job and moved home
May-100 pounds down
June-Chopped the hair that was falling out
July-A bit of a plateau
August- 130 pounds down and feeling AMAZING

NOW for the fun stuff....."The skinny on getting skinny."

Preface: Getting thin and losing weight is a great thing, but there have been some interesting realizations.... I am sure that I will have more to come, but as for now....here is my list.

Getting thin is fun BUT it hurts to sit down on a bony butt! What used to be cush for the tush is now bones of stones. OWIE!

Getting thin is fun BUT you have to be more worried about the food you actually eat to keep the weight off. Fruity Sour Patch Kids have turned in to just fruit.

Getting thin is fun BUT you have now actually worry that the wind might blow you over. I used to be able to plow through a windstorm, but actually was blown backwards.

Getting thin is fun BUT people think that because you are thin that they can "squeeze" by you in a crowd. Lets get real....if I get another elbow to the head or run into, there will be serious consequences....busted lips and 'bows dropped. GOT IT? :)


Getting thin is fun BUT people insist on sitting next you because you offer more room. I can only assume that is how it will be on an airplane...so I have been practicing..."no sir actually someone(thing) is sitting here....my laptop, snacks, and pillow."

Getting thin is fun BUT people constantly offer you free samples of food at stores because the good Lord knows they don't do that to fat people or they might eat the whole tray of beans and weenies!

Getting thin is fun BUT it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a one-piece bathing suit that is cute, appropriate and comfortable! It just does not exist...unless it has cut outs on the size to display your still apparent muffin top.

And lastly....

Getting thin is fun BUT when you here the "thunder down under" you do not think about the Las Vegas show, but the thighs you are still toting around! :)

Well friends, that is it for my new realizations. :)

100 posts down and many more to come!!!

2 comments:

  1. EMILY!!! I'm pretty sure I told you this at church, but if I didn't,
    DID I ever tell how much I adore you???? You are so hilarious and inspiring! keep doing what you're doing!!! God Bless you Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jockii!
    You are so so sweet! Thank you so much! I am so blessed to have a dear friend like you!

    ReplyDelete