Sunday, May 15, 2011

sometimes you just have to...

LAUGH!

So if any of you follow me on facebook, you would know my dad has been in the Emergency Room, then 5 hours of emergency surgery to treat an ulcer the perforated his bowel and a hiatal hernia. Basically they gave him Gastric Bypass for a second time.

It was really scary and I really thought we might lose him! Though there is still risk for serious infection, he is doing ok. He slept, walked around a little bit and flashed his butt to his youngest daughter (me) this evening. (I think I deserve an award for best daughter! The prize....a years counseling ) *wink*

Aside from all the emotional turmoil, there have been some pretty crazy things happen today that you just have to smile and laugh about. Granted I might be smiling now because I am EXHAUSTED with no sleep in sight but here we go...

1. Last time I checked the coffee cart should not be closed on a sunday morning.

2. Last time I checked the fire alarm should not go off! Then to hear "this is NOT a drill, evacuate now" over the loudspeakers is a bit scary when your dad is in surgery. What the heck! Not to mention I was in the bathroom and thought I pulled the emergency cord.

3. It is not customary for a spider to drop down like little Miss Muffet while one is trying to go to the bathroom.

4. Typically Apple Chips and Top Ramen are not standard home meals...but today it was golden and I was grateful to have food.

So there you have it..when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you hospitals...pull up a couple chairs and make a bed...you will be there a while.

Good night friends and thank you again for all your prayers, encouraging words, and help today!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment