Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6 month post-op Update

Just a few quick updates.....
Last week I went to the doctor and met with the nutritionist for my 6 month appointment. I can not believe it has been six months already! But I am doing pretty well. I am down 114 pounds....and counting, as it changes everyday :)

As for health and blood work, my vitamins levels are pretty good. I was on the higher level of B1, so I will be reducing that, but my B12 was on the lower side, which is interesting because my fingers were getting really tingly and that is a sign of a deficiency. Everything was within normal limits but those were the two that I am needing to either reduce or increase.

I will be adding an iron component to my vitamin regimen too, which if you did not know, you need to take calcium and iron 2 hours a part otherwise they counteract each other.

So, here is the current vitamin regimen
2 Flinstone sour chewable multivitamins Daily
2 Calcium and Vitamin D Chewables Daily
B1 Tablet 2x per week
SubLingual (under the tongue) B12 3x per week

I will be adding the Iron as soon as I can find a good supplement.

As for my side pain, it is persisting, so I go back to the doctor in a few weeks to follow up with him.

That's it for the update, but a few blog posts to look forward too.....
  1. Fashion Find Fridays
  2. Father's Day Celebration
Be Excited:)

No comments:

Post a Comment