Saturday, March 13, 2010

Adventures of a "wedding planner"

In the words of my mother, "I am pooped!" In laymen's terms, I am so so tired! Today I had the blessing to use my God given gift of administration to help a dear friend plan her daughter's wedding. It all started a few months ago when we ran into each other in the bathroom at church. She was stressed and in tears about what is necessary to plan a wedding. Me, being the administrator, offered to help her do all that was necessary to execute this wedding with the least stress. Since, many people would say, "I am always a bridesmaid." I have been to many weddings in the past and know how they work. I could run a wedding in my sleep......So I THOUGHT!

Well wedding day came....TODAY! I arrived at 9:30 am to help set up. I was not until 2 pm that I was able to take a break, eat, and change for the big event! I totally enjoyed every minute of it and it really went off without too many problems......but what would my blog be if I did not include a few adventures/lessons learned?

  1. Guys do NOT know how to pin on boutonnières! With that said, ALWAYS do it for them
  2. No matter how hard you try, traffic or other unforeseen emergencies will ALWAYS make a wedding start late.
  3. If you are serving appetizers, make sure they are out and ready to go before the ceremony ends....people are hungry DARN IT! :)
  4. When carrying food back to the kitchen, make sure it does not leak down your WHOLE dress.....and your leggings....and your shoes....BUT if you do, make sure you have a jacket to cover it up OR you will be back to wearing your brown velour pants you showed up in. BLECH!!!!
  5. Wind causes a problem for flowers, plasticware, and also cools down a chocolate fountain to become unusable.
All of these above events are really not controllable, but just make weddings more unique, personal and just downright fun.

BUT one great lesson that I have learned above all is I need to invest in some darn Orthotics....in other words, better shoes or some 20 inch padding for my feet. In the words of a dear sister* "My dogs are barkin!" again, in laymen's terms "My feet HUUUUURRRRTTTT!!!!!!"

* thanks tropi for the coined phrase :)

Off to bed....as we lose an hour tonight. Then off to the gym tomorrow. But I will leave you with this......A NEW PICTURE:) My friend Kamar took this picture last weekend for her birthday party. This picture will be blown up in poster size and my gift to her:) JUST KIDDING:)



2 comments:

  1. I wish I had half the energy you do! I love the picture! You are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete