Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lesson Learned....

As a part of my personal training I have taken up the intense sport of Boxing! Though I would like to tell you about how amazing I am at it, I actually have to admit that I am not so good.

If you even know a morsel about me....I am NOT a fighter. I am a wuss. Truly the only physical fight I ever have gotten in was when I decided to fight my sister back when I was in Jr. High. And...well I slapped her across the face with the Espirit magazine we were fighting over...Needless to say...She won!

So what compelled me to actually decide I wanted to try boxing? I have no idea, but IT IS SO FUN! I am really enjoying myself. I dont have a lot of agression to get out, but if I did, this would be the outlet.

But enough about that....here are some lessons I have learned in the process of boxing....

Just because your hand wraps are pink does not make you better at throwing punches, nor does it hurt any less....LESSON LEARNED

Just becuase you have huge padded gloves on your hands does not mean that it does not hurt SO BAD when you punch....LESSON LEARNED

Even though you worked all day and HAD to wear makeup, you probably should take the time to take it off before you sweat it off into your eyeballs....LESSON LEARNED (OUCH) :(

Keep your gloves up or you are going to get socked in the face....LESSON LEARNED (ok ok so my trainer showed me more mercy than socking me in the face, but he could have, but those gloves are heavy!)

You can kiss your hand modeling career goodbye...thanks to blisters, bruises, busted nails, calluses among other things....LESSON LEARNED

Do not even attempt to text within the first hour after boxing because your fingers and arms will not work and it is just frustrating....LESSON LEARNED

No matter how low the pony or how high the pomp, your hair will be soaking wet when you are finished....get over it...LESSON LEARNED

Longish nails might be pretty, but they will get caught on the gloves....LESSON LEARNED

Invest in tight fitting britches....trust me....LESSON LEARNED

So there it is my friends...my boxing LESSONS LEARNED

I hope you do not have to learn the same lessons I had to. :)

1 comment: