Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leaping in Faith!

DISCLAIMER: This post is by no means motivated by accolades, approval, or anything of that nature. My intention is to share with you what God is doing in my life. I purely hope that this is just an encouragement for you to seek out God's will and His call for your life.

So a few weeks ago I posted that God was calling me to do something and I was not sure when I was supposed to do it and I needed prayer. Well today I finally, with much prayer and seeking wisdom, I responded to "the call." I quit my job. To be more accurate, I gave my two weeks notice.


I wreaked of pride. I hope that it was internal, but I repent to anyone who saw my pride. I felt accomplished that I had scored such a great job. Please don't get me wrong, I loved my job and still fully do! I have been so blessed with amazing opportunities to serve many different children, but I knew that it was my time to go.

I have leaped out of my comfort zone to quit a job that I love, but I love Jesus more! My desire above all things is seek Him. Through this, I have learned that NOTHING on this earth is ever certain. God can and will ask you to give up things because He has better things for you. I am walking in faith that this is exactly what God is doing for me. I have learned to let go of things of the world and trust that His rewards, whether here on earth or eternity, are greater than anything I can imagine here on earth.

So until God tells me for certain where to go, what to do, and guides my way, I will continue to trust in Him. He is faithful and works everything out for those who love Him!

5 comments:

  1. So awesome Flamingo! It's one thing to be able to recognize an idol in your life and even more awesome to actually do something about it... This post was SO encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write with such clarity of heart! The Lord waits patiently for us to realize when we have strayed from his ways. He guides us back to Him.
    Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mings. Thanks for sharing your leap of faith. It really challenged me to wonder if I could/would do the same.
    Thanks for the inspiration :)
    You'll be in my prayers as you folow the Lord's leading in the coming weeks and months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO ENCOURAGING! May we all be obedient to the BEST that God has for us, even when it is incredibly difficult to step out and actually obey. I'm so ridiculously proud of you and the steps/process you went through to get to this point. Man, God wants to just lavish you with blessing now! I'm praying for your next two weeks! ;) -Kixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just like to mention...your Bible Gateway Verse of the day when I read this post was Romans 13:6-7 which concerns taxes & revenue. Funny.
    Mings! Your transparancy is a blessing to all your readers & the reverence you have for the Lord- you carry with you where ever you go.

    Lately in class (Horizon College) we've been learning about God's attributes; today I learned what the true definition of "holiness" is. "Holiness" does not only mean "to be set apart" as we all learned from our Biblical Studies classes with Shabatay at SDSU... & nor does it simply indicate an "unreacheable purity"..
    but rather, holiness is a type of URGENT separation from sin & URGENT DEVOTION to God's honor. (Paraphrased from Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology.)

    I am blessed to see you, God's daughter, excersize urgency! You went there! Thank you! You took radical steps to separate yourself from sin that you may whole-heartedly devote yourself to Him and His honor!

    Love you! Luganda

    ReplyDelete