Monday, April 11, 2011

Gilligan's Island and Red Bull.....

We all know the Gilligan's Island theme song... "A three hour tour, a three hour tour." Well today, I felt like I was running to that theme song...."A three mile run, a three mile run."


That is all I planned on running today. Truth be told, I have not run since last Monday and it was a piddly little run. My Cardio trainer keeps track of my calories burned in the last 7 days and gives me "medal" on my phone that is color coded. Usually I am in the 2000-3000 range and get a "gold" medal. Well today something tragic happened, I dropped down to blue and 800 calories. I HAD to earn that gold medal again, so I planned to get out and run a short run around the block.



I felt like a Red Bull commercial...."Red bull....gives you WIIINNNGGSSS!!!!" But today, my Sauconys were like rocket ships.



I rounded the corner of my run and about to turn around when I thought to myself "This is easy, let's keep going." So that is exactly what I did! And it was GLORIOUS! I got back to my street where I should have turned but my rockets were still blasting....so I went another block....then another....then another.
As I was getting tired, I realized that the place I was supposed to cross was marked "no pedestrian crossing" forcing me to run up another block. At this point, I was getting pretty darn tired...so I did what any normal runner does....count my steps to 100 then start over. Well, that got pretty boring since I had quite some time left and I had already counted 500 steps, so naturally a caboshed that idea:)



But, finally with quads burning, knees aching and out of breath,



I made it back feeling great only to map it out..... 5.6 unplanned miles. My feet led the way and my heart and soul followed! I am feeling super great:)



Let's see where my feet decide to take me tomorrow.



Until then.....I will be nursing a bit of a blister on the side of my foot.



1 comment:

  1. Saucony's rock and you, my friend, are truly inspiring! I've been working out all winter but haven't been running in absolute eons! Time to get back at it! Go Flutter Go!

    ReplyDelete