Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy 5K Eve

Well this is it! In less than 12 hours I will have completed running my first 5K.

Now, I will post more about the race tomorrow after it is all said and done, but I wanted to share with you a few preparations that HAD to be made prior to race day.


  1. Music Mix. CHECK:) Fully equipped with Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, Trick Daddy, Christian Aguilera, Kanye, Beyonce, and of course The Rocket Summer.

  2. Hot bath....CHECK Not to mention "shaving" off some of my time for the race. The legs are freshly shaved. LOVE IT. Plus, a nice sugar scrub to end the evening.

  3. New race clothes....CHECK....though I procrastinated so they are still being washed....BUST!

  4. Protein powder....CHECK. Just bought some new "Jay Robb" vanilla protein powder and thanks to my friend Jackie, I will be mixing it with ice and my coffee in the morning.

  5. Race Bib pinned to shirt and Time Token on shoe....CHECK. NOW I feel official.

  6. Ipod Charging....CHECK

  7. Drinking Tea to relax....CHECK

  8. Hydrated and Carbo "loaded." CHECK....well ok drank plenty of water and my carbs were minimal, but doesn't "carbo loading" sound so official?

  9. Tutu made...UNFINISHED Business....sorry sissy, maybe next race;)

  10. EXCITED BEYOND WORDS!!!!! CHECK CHECK CHECK

So there you have it.....at about 7:40am tomorrow morning these girls will have completed their first 5K race!




No comments:

Post a Comment