Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Times are a Changin!

Hello Friends!

It is Thanksgiving Eve and I can not believe I am almost 11 months post op. Boy have things changed since last Thanksgiving.

Lets paint a picture here...Last Thanksgiving, I was so eager to eat EVERYTHING in sight. That's right; turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, green beans, trying yams...again, apple pie, ice cream, pumpkin pie, pecan pie! I ate myself into a ridiculous stupor. And....if I remember correctly, actually threw up because I ate too much and was so so so sick. But, I guess 3 platefuls will do that to you.

I was not physically active and sure was not planning on doing that any time soon. I mean come on...being 363 pounds is not conducive to exercising...and for me it was not really conducive to doing much of anything.

BUT...THIS YEAR.....Things have changed!

Tomorrow will be quite a different day! I look at the list of foods I ate last year, and my perspective has totally changed. Sure, I will eat a little turkey, a few bites of mashed potatoes and some stuffing, but my heart is set on the veggies and the Sugar Free Pie. Instead of eating 3 platefuls of food and getting sick, I will be eating one child's plateful. Oh, don't get me wrong, that plate will be full....but it is a SMALL plate. I think it is more of a psychological thing to have a full plate on Thanksgiving, but mine will just me a much smaller plateful.

SO....lets now talk about some of the physical activity changes that have occurred this year. Never in my life would I have dreamed that I would go running on Thanksgiving Day before we eat. And not just any run....but my 5K training run which is 3.4 miles. That's right...on Thanksgiving, not to mention that today I woke up at 5:00 am to take a spin class and walked my butt off at Disneyland all day!

I feel like a "self made athlete!" Ok ok so I can't take all the credit, I have an AMAZING personal trainer, but I work so hard to stay fit and take care of my body.

Who would have even imagined I would be where I am at this year as compared to last year?
For that I am so grateful!

So my friends, enjoy your Thanksgiving and be truly grateful for the air in our lungs and the ability to be active!

1 comment:

  1. em you are amazing! and an inspiration. i'm gonna run tomorrow morning now :)

    ReplyDelete